IMF assesses Uganda’s economy, says country needs to create 600,000 jobs every year
May 15, 2019
Varsity student killed in city armed robbery
May 15, 2019

Miss Curvy never received her prize, Ann Mungoma to be sued

By Our Reporter

Fraud and controversies have been established in the just concluded miss curvy beauty pageant after the organisers failed to handover a car Jeep registration UAL 810Y that was put up as the grand prize for winner of the competition.

On April 26, Ann Mungoma with support from State minister of tourism and antiquities, Godfrey Kiwanda Ssuubi, she held the first ever Miss Curvy pageant as part of a government campaign to use ‘curvy women’ to attract tourists to the east African nation.

In the tens of the contestants, Nansasi Belinda, a Ugandan businesswoman from Entebbe emerged the winner of the ‘Miss Curvy’ beauty pageant, at imperial royal hotel. She vowed to act as a role model for other women with ‘plus-size’ figures.

Among the prizes included a scholarship at Victoria University, a brand new car. To her dismay, she stopped at taking pictures of the said car, which of yet she has never received.

According to the new developments, what the regarded as a brand new car was registered under Hamidu Kamanzi the due owner, under registration number UAL 810Y.

Kamanzi avers that they made an agreement with Ann Mungoma to pay 60per cent of that vehicle and clear the remaining 40 per cent after the competition, a pledge she didn’t fulfill.

The cars has since been towed back to Kamanzi’s car bond in Ndeeba. The owner said, Ann bleached the contract by putting advertising stickers on his car distorting its original color. He vowed to drag her to courts of law if she fails to clear outstanding balance of 40 per cent.

When contacted, Ms Mungoma said they are waiting for an increment from MP Kiwanda to clear the said car and then be handed to the beauty queen.

In a phone conversation with the minster, he said his role stopped at rendering a hand in the organisation process of beauty pageant noting the rest of the developments, he is not concerned.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *